Thursday, July 24, 2008

Jesus is the Christ

Some not very familiar with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church) may wonder why I started this blog with a testimony of the prophet Joseph Smith. It's a simple principle: if you gain a testimony of Joseph Smith and know that he was a true prophet of God, the truth of the gospel follows. In other words, if you know Joseph Smith was a prophet of God, you know the Book of Mormon is the word of God, you know the LDS Church is true, you know that God and Jesus Christ are real, loving personages... the list goes on and on. Without a testimony of Joseph Smith as a true prophet, you simply cannot have a testimony of the LDS Church in its entirety.


This post is dedicated to my most sacred and personal testimony, that of my Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that Jesus Christ is the literal Son of God. I know He was born of Mary in Bethlehem and lived his perfect mortal life blessing others. I know Jesus Christ suffered and died for my sins, and rose again in a perfected physical body three days after His . He truly overcame and hell; he broke the bands of , so every human being who has ever lived on this earth will be resurrected. He broke the chains of hell, so every faithful follower of Him can be cleansed of their sins through His infinite power.

Jesus Christ truly is my Savior. I have had so many times in my life when everything seemed dark and hopeless, whether it was self-inflicted through sin or simply the trials of life. Every time-- honestly, EVERY time-- as I have turned to my Savior, praying for His strength and guidance, learning from His example-- I have found the light that I need. All my problems don't magically go away when I turn to Christ; rather, He strengthens me and comforts me so I can endure what I must endure.

I truly love Jesus Christ and I know that He loves each and every one of us and wants us to come to Him. His love truly is the power that overcomes all things.

For more information on the LDS Church's understanding of Jesus Christ as the Creator, Master, Savior, and Son of God, visit http://jesuschrist.lds.org/

No comments: